The following page outlines some important information about the Oct. 14, 2017, MUDstacle Fun Run.
Things to Know Before Oct. 14
- We have 2 Early Packet Pick Up Dates, Thursday, Oct. 12 from 11 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. and Friday, Oct. 13 from 1 p.m. – 7 p.m., at Toyota of Cedar Park.
- If you miss Early Packet Pick Up, you can get your race packet before the race starting at 7:15 a.m.
- We will NOT time the race, so bring your watch or smartphone app to track your time.
- Plan for your clothes and shoes to get muddy, bring a towel and plastic bags to protect your car for the ride home, and bring cash for snacks.
- DO NOT bring pets, tobacco products, alcohol, glass containers, or valuables.
Things to Know the Morning of the Race
- Parking will be located at Henry Middle and Vista Ridge High schools, as well as Gupton Stadium.
- If you did not register or need to pick up your packet, visit the concession stand between the athletic fields.
- We have three distances that you can choose from: 1) the full 5K (3.1 mile course), 2) the half course at 2.5K or 3) the kids’ 1 miler course. All three distances start and finish at the same place.
- The first wave will start at 8:30 a.m. The first 3 waves (Group 1) are open division races, encouraged for competitive runners. The remaining waves are for schools, teams, and groups.
- Group 2 are the secondary school teams (middle and high schools) starting at 8:50 a.m. Group 3 starts at 9:40 a.m. and includes elementary school teams, including Camacho, Faubion, Whitestone, Mason, Block House Creek, Westside, Akin, Reagan, and Bagdad. Group 4 starts at 10:30 a.m. and includes the remaining elementary school teams, including Giddens, Knowles, Jim Plain, Winkley, Parkside, Deer Creek, Cypress, Pleasant Hill, Rutledge, Cox, Naumann, Reed, Laura W. Bush, Grandview Hills, Steiner Ranch, River Place, and River Ridge.
Things to Know During the Race
- Enjoy the obstacles and mud! Please be safe and skip an obstacle if you need to. There will be first aid stations on site.
- Be ready to smile! There will be photographers set up throughout the race course.
- We have 2 water stations on the course.
- There are 3 distances to choose from. They all start and finish at the same place. You can choose to run 1-mile, 2.5-K, and 5-K lengths.
Things to Know After the Race
- We have clean-up stations at the finish lines, including hoses. Please do NOT clean up muddy clothes and body parts in the restrooms.
- Don’t throw out your muddy shoes. The Leander High School PTSA will collect muddy shoes, clean them to benefit their fundraiser.
- Smile for our post-race photo booth and celebrate your messy success!
- Thank our sponsors and give your self a pat-on-the-back for your support of Leander ISD students!
- We’re selling hay for $5 per bale.
- We will have photos at leeftx.org and on Facebook and Twitter. Post your photos with #LEEFmud @LEEFstrong #LEEFTX!