The Leander ISD Educational Excellence Foundation (LEEF) created the Teaching Grant to help provide teachers with the development, resources and tools needed to most significantly impact student achievement through their individual teaching. The goal of this grant program is to directly support the needs of individual teachers. Grant funding opportunities occur two times each school year: fall and spring.
LEEF also offers a Collaborative Grant alongside the Spring Innovative Teaching Grant cycle, which is designed to support larger projects (up to $5,000) across departments, grades or schools. Information on each grant cycle will be emailed to all staff and posted on the LEEF website prior to each cycle’s beginning date.
- The Innovative Teaching Grant is available to current employees in good standing with LISD.
- Applicant(s) review FAQ’s prior to submission.
- Applications must be submitted through the web form below by 5:00pm (CST) on the due date listed. Please direct any questions to Coleen or call 512.570.0027.
Selection Criteria for Awarding
Proposals should directly impact the applicant teacher, his/her advanced development as a teacher or his/her classroom instruction (or his/her department). The primary goal in selecting awardees is to support teachers seeking to develop as a professional educator or implement new, innovative pedagogy or programs. Secondarily, and where feasible, the funding may provide materials for the classroom. The ultimate impact on the education of students and impact on student learning is also considered.
Award of Funds:
- Funding of up to $500 will be awarded per recipient.
- Each eligible application will be reviewed by a group of judges representing LEEF. After reviewing the applications, the grant review committee will determine whether to fully fund, partially fund, or deny funds for the project.
- Funds must be expended within 12 months of being awarded. Unexpended funds are returned to LEEF.
- District procurement policies must be followed. ALL materials purchased with grant funds are the property of LISD.
Reporting and Evaluation:
- A grant report must be submitted within 30 days of completing the project.
- The recipient of each funded project may be requested to provide a short presentation about the project to the LEEF Board of Directors.